Permissions Query?

From: paallen(at)attglobal(dot)net
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org,
Subject: Permissions Query?
Date: 2007-01-19 19:11:00
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all,

still working on dabo a bit. Thanks for all the
earlier suggestions, they are working well.

I now want to know if the user/role has permision
to the schema.table.

How do I query to pgsql to know what permissions a
particular user has on the table?

I was thinking something along the lines of a
query that maybe produces results like this.

schematable p_select p_delete p_all p_update ..
public.tbl1 1 0 0 0
public.tbl2 1 1 1 1
public.tbl 0 0 0 1

I am intersted to see if I can filter what
tables/schemas are avaliable to the user to avoid
error messages due to permissions.
thanks,
Phil