Re : Still no text for error messages only numbers for 1.6.2 (aka the Saga continues)

From: Laurent ROCHE <laurent_roche(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re : Still no text for error messages only numbers for 1.6.2 (aka the Saga continues)
Date: 2007-01-15 15:41:56
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

Can anyone help me, on this one ?

Have fun,
L(at)u
The Computing Froggy

----- Message d'origine ----
De : Laurent ROCHE <laurent_roche(at)yahoo(dot)com>
À : pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc : guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info
Envoyé le : Mardi, 9 Janvier 2007, 15h39mn 57s

Hi All (and Guillaume),

So I have upgraded to the latest and shiny PGAdmin 1.6.2 ... and I still have the same problem I had in 1.6.1.

If I have a database set with UTF-8 character set then when I type the following (in the query tool window):
sdfhsdfj
I get:
ERREUR:
État SQL :42601
Caractère : 1

In a query tool with a database set with LATIN1 or SQL_ASCII characterset, I get:
ERREUR: erreur de syntaxe sur ou près de «sdfhsdfj»
État SQL :42601
Caractère : 1

Which is what I would expect (at least till the PG syntax does not change ;-) ! ).

I do not have this problem with PG Admin 1.4.3, which will write:
ERREUR: erreur de syntaxe sur ou près de «sdfhsdfj» au caractère 1

Of course, you would have guessed from the error messages that I am in French locale for the client (Windows XP SP2) and for the Server (Ubuntu 6.06, PG 8.1).

Let me know if you need more info about this.

Cheers,
L(at)u
The Computing Froggy