Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Stamp major release 8.3.0,

From: Joachim Wieland <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Stamp major release 8.3.0,
Date: 2007-01-11 08:51:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 08:41:24AM +0100, Michael Meskes wrote:
> > While I'm whining ... we really need some support in the ecpg regression
> > tests for platform-specific diffs, so that the consistent ECPG-check
> > failures in buildfarm can go away.

> Hmm, I thought there was. Joachim, could you comment?

There are, see for example
ecpg/test/expected/compat_informix-dec_test-MinGW32.stdout

AFAIK there were no other platforms except for MinGW that need special
treatment.

On the buildfarm we have ecpg failures right now on:

- osprey
- guppy
- clownfish

osprey just seems to be out of diskspace.

On guppy the ecpg checks trigger the OpenBSD bug that Michael and Stefan
identfied here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-09/msg00593.php
Not sure what to do about it, we could diff it away to get it green but it
would not solve the problem. What do you think? I will ask the maintainer of
the box if he intends to update the operating system. If not, I'd propose to
diff it away for the time being.

Clownfish is the Solaris box where Stefan reported segmentation faults only
some days ago. We need to look into this one.

Joachim