Re: Database Create Date

From: Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database Create Date
Date: 2007-01-10 08:00:37
Lists: pgsql-admin

Στις Τρίτη 09 Ιανουάριος 2007 18:10, ο/η Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists) έγραψε:
> Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
> > I was able to find that in FreeBSD the -U in ls (1) does the job.
> > However i could not find any inode creation time related info for linux
> > (ext3).
> > Anyone has any clue on that?
>
> I believe "ls -l" by default shows the created time, you can switch to
> show the last modified time using "ls -l --time=atime"

No, it seems ext3 does not keep this info. (See also Tom's answer).

> Also in FreeBSD (at least, 6.1) there is no "-U" option to ls; there is
> a "-u" option but this shows the last access, not the creation time.

It must have been introduced somewhere in the 6.1-STABLE cycle.
For my dev machine (6.1-STABLE #8) "-U" support is included,
whereas in my other pet machine 6.1-PRERELEASE #1 it is not.

--
Achilleas Mantzios