Re: TODO: GNU TLS

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, mark(at)mark(dot)mielke(dot)cc, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)paradise(dot)net(dot)nz>
Subject: Re: TODO: GNU TLS
Date: 2006-12-30 19:21:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Magnus Hagander (magnus(at)hagander(dot)net) wrote:
> >> Kerberos is there and it's not too hard to use (though does depend
> >> on the MIT Kerberos for Windows service currently). Supporting
> >> SSPI/GSSAPI and then writing a small document on how to generate
> >> Windows keytabs for Postgres would mean single-sign-on for Windows
> >> users using applications which use libpq...
> >
> > Sounds like a nice feature :)
>
> We're looking into SSPI/GSSAPI (I think the latest take is to do it
> through SASL, but I'm not sure) hopefully for 8.3. (we? Mainly Henry B.
> Holtz, but I'll try to help him out as needed)

While I feel including SASL support would be a good thing I'm not sure
about it's availability on Windows and so wouldn't want SASL support to
mean we don't support SSPI directly... I'd also be happy to help with
any of the above, as best I can (as I think I mentioned before when it
was brought up...).

Thanks,

Stephen