Re: TODO: Add a GUC to control whether BEGIN inside

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TODO: Add a GUC to control whether BEGIN inside
Date: 2006-12-28 17:57:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is this really a TODO or is this someone being overzealous with the TODO
> list?

> Add a GUC to control whether BEGIN inside a transcation should abort
> the transaction.

Well, right now, BEGIN inside a transaction just issues a warning:

test=> BEGIN;
BEGIN
test=> BEGIN;
WARNING: there is already a transaction in progress
BEGIN
test=> SELECT 1;
?column?
1
(1 row)

test=> COMMIT;
COMMIT

I think you can make the case that this should be an error, or at least
that's how it got on the TODO list. I can always remove it if people
don't want the item completed.

--
Bruce Momjian bruce(at)momjian(dot)us