cannot add to postgresql project my own source files

From: dakotali kasap <dakotalidavid(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: cannot add to postgresql project my own source files
Date: 2006-12-23 14:35:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I want to write a function that takes the raw parsetree and rewrites it according to my rules, then produce new raw parsetrees.

I will call this function inside backend/tcop/postgres.c . I wrote an header file called my_rewriter.h and include this inside postgres.c.

my_writer.h looks like:
#ifndef UWSDREWRITE_H
#define UWSDREWRITE_H

#include "nodes/pg_list.h"
#include "nodes/nodes.h"

typedef struct my_Projection
{
char *relname;
List attnames;
char *result_relname;

} my_Projection;

.
.
.

extern void my_analyze(Node *parsetree);
extern void my_rewrite(List *parsetree_list);

#endif UWSDREWRITE_H

Then I wrote a C file called my_writer.c, and do the implementation of my_analyze(Node *parsetree) and my_rewrite(List *parsetree_list) functions. I need Node and List structures here, but when I include the necessary header files (#include "nodes/pg_list.h", #include "nodes/nodes.h"), I got errors at compile time like:

../../../src/include/nodes/nodes.h:359: error: syntax error before ‘Node’
../../../src/include/nodes/nodes.h:398: error: syntax error before ‘equal’
../../../src/include/nodes/nodes.h:398: warning: type defaults to ‘int’ in declaration of ‘equal’
../../../src/include/nodes/nodes.h:398: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

So, I think there is a problem with the Makefiles but I do not know what. I added the object file my_writer.o to the Makefile inside backend/parser/Makefile and configured again, but it did not work, what else should I do?

regards,

dakotali