Re: Hub.org DNS

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hub.org DNS
Date: 2006-12-11 16:26:52
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 07:53:02AM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > well we should make sure that all our authoritative nameservers are NOT
> > providing recursion to the world - so we need to find a way to restrict
> > recursion to some limited hosts/ranges.
>
> You can do this via views. We do it at CMD.

You don't need views for that. You can just use the config options
in BIND to restrict where recursion works (which is what Marc did,
AFAIK). That's what that setting is for. Future BIND versions will
probably ship with recursion turned off, BTW.

The whole tendency of modern prose is away from concreteness.
--George Orwell