Re: Speed of postgres compared to ms sql, is this

From: "Mike G" <mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Speed of postgres compared to ms sql, is this
Date: 2006-12-05 22:31:54
Lists: pgsql-general

I suppose comparing postgres running on a single processor laptop to sql server running
on a dual processor machine wouldn't help you determine what sql server does better.

If it might let me know.

Aside from maybe having the planner reorder joins for you I would guess that it is sql
servers support for parallelism.

Mike

On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 14:34:31 -0500, Tom Lane wrote