Re: Preserving Cluster-Wise Data

From: Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo(at)ttnet(dot)net(dot)tr>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Preserving Cluster-Wise Data
Date: 2006-12-05 18:41:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Dec 05 01:27, Tom Lane wrote:
> Huh? _SHARED is not cluster-wide, only session-wide.

In PL/perl, yep, it's session-wide. But as far as I remember some of
the pl/j[ava] stuff using some kind of communication (RPC?) method to
get in touch with the main JVM which enables global database-wide
(cluster-wise?) variables. (I'm not sure ATM, I should re-check it.)
Anyway, as Andrew pointed out, plain tables serve as well for my wish.

Regards.