Re: Benchmarking PostgreSQL against others on Windows?

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: bo(dot)berglund(at)telia(dot)com, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Benchmarking PostgreSQL against others on Windows?
Date: 2006-12-02 06:31:54
Lists: pgsql-novice

See Below...

----- Original Message ----
From: Bo Berglund <bo(dot)berglund(at)telia(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2006 1:13:30 PM

I am working on the Windows platform and I have mainly used
MSSQLServer 2000 for database stuff.

Now I am looking at alternatives and one is PostgreSQL, another MySql.
Can anyone point me towards a report from a decent benchmarking test
showing the pros and cons of these servers?
I assume someone has done it already....
I am mostly interested in servers running on Windows since that is our
main target platform.

Bo Berglund

I'm not sure if this translates into Windows, but here is a published comparison of pgsql vs mysql.

http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.691 (from the postgresql.org front page)

i think postgresql did quite well - which is obvious by the charts link..

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
Access over 1 million songs.
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited