[ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000720 ] SQLGetInfo SQL_DATABASE_NAME no info

From: <noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>
To: noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: [ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000720 ] SQLGetInfo SQL_DATABASE_NAME no info
Date: 2006-12-01 05:10:31
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Bugs item #1000720, was opened at 2006-08-29 16:25
You can respond by visiting:
http://pgfoundry.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=538&aid=1000720&group_id=1000125

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Driver does not return database name for SQLGetInfo DATABASE_NAME

// database name
rc = SQLGetInfo( m_hdbc, SQL_DATABASE_NAME, m_szDatabaseName,
sizeof( m_szDatabaseName ), &nLenOut );

Date: 2006-12-01 00:10

Message:
I only need to know the name of the database for the
connection. I don't need to do any cross-catalog selects, etc.

Comment By: Farid Zidan (faridz)
Date: 2006-08-30 17:53

Message:
The current database is exactly what SQL_DATABASE_NAME
should return. Right now it returns nothing.

MS DOC for SQL_DATABASE_NAME
A character string with the name of the current database in
use, if the data source defines a named object called
"database".

Whether the dbms supports qualifying objects by their
catalog name is determined by SQL_CATALOG_USAGE which is
appears to reflect the driver capability right now and is ok.

Comment By: Hiroshi Inoue (hinoue)
Date: 2006-08-30 17:33

Message:
The driver has returned "" for the request because PostgreSQL didn't support database.schema.table notation (even schema
support was unavailable until 7.3). Though
PostgreSQL supports the notation in recent
versions, I'm not sure if the driver is safe
for the notation.

PostgreSQL is essentially a catalog-less
dbms. Though PostgreSQL allows the notation,
the only valid database is the current one.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue