Dynamic views

From: <vivek(at)staff(dot)ownmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Dynamic views
Date: 2006-11-29 11:37:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello friends,
I have a view defined as:-

CREATE VIEW vivek_testview AS SELECT vivek_test.* , users.username AS name from
users, vivek_test where vivek_test.username=users.username;

Now, when I add a new column in vivek_test, I cant see the new column in the
view. Currently we have to drop the view and recreate it.
Is there a way that i can see the new column without dropping and recreating the
view ?

Thanks for reading this. Thanks for your replies in advance.

With warm regards.

Vivek J. Joshi.

vivek(at)staff(dot)ownmail(dot)com
Trikon Electronics Pvt. Ltd.

All science is either physics or stamp collecting.
-- Ernest Rutherford