Re: Can not build pgadmin3-1.6.0

From: Bryan Wilkerson <bryanwilkerson(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can not build pgadmin3-1.6.0
Date: 2006-11-24 22:42:10
Lists: pgadmin-support

Thanks for all your help Dave. Yes, it was. The issue appears to be that libxml2-2.6.23-15.2, that ships with SLED10, is not compatible. Version 2.6.24-0.pm.1 available at http://packman.links2linux.de/: does work with pgadmin3-1.6.0.

I feel the hints at self service, but piecing this together from anecdotal evidence is never going to be as efficient as a configure script that does it's job and detects dependency failures.

I had been saying to myself through the various obstacles, "I hope this is worth it." Now seeing it running and working with my database a little, I see that it is well worth it and some. I can give you a patch to configure if you'll use it that detects the two issues and the lack of the libpq.so library and, perhaps more important, tells the user what exactly they need to do, which versions are known to work etc. I don't have the time or resources to do a proper test and try to build on a very vanilla distro install to figure out what else is missing from the dependency check.

-bryan