Re: Open source databases '60 per cent cheaper'

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Open source databases '60 per cent cheaper'
Date: 2006-11-24 19:05:08
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 06:21:49PM +0100, Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
> I don't think that policy is written in stone. But for a replication
> solution to go into core, it should better cover a lot of use cases,
> i.e. for sure sync *and* async replication.

Some time ago, I set up a project on pgfoundry to try to work out
what those cases are. So far, exactly one person has sent anything
to the list about it. There were two messages copied to that list
just in the last day, though.

Anyway, I hereby re-affirm my commitment to try to write down what we
are trying to achieve, if I can get anyone to tell me what that is.

If they don't do anything, we don't need their acronym.
--Josh Hamilton, on the US FEMA