What's wrong with FOSS?

From: rfernand(at)cecs(dot)pdx(dot)edu
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: What's wrong with FOSS?
Date: 2006-11-23 04:52:10
Lists: pdxpug

Hello all,

After our excellent talk last Tuesday, we had a brief conversation
along the lines mentioned in this article (which was slashdotted a
minute ago):

Inside the mind of the enemy: the community
By Patrick McFarland
Online on: 21/11/2006

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/node/1890

Is this an off-topic? Yes, but since we burned a significant mount of
kilo calories (3ish) talking about trolls and elves, we might as well
read a little bit more about the big picture -- not just how it's hard
to get people involved, but also getting them to agree on stuff.

Cheers,

RJFM

* wondering if I'll get flamed by trolls over an offtopic... wearing
asbestos underwear now. >:) *