BUG #2765: BUG #2419: could not reattach to shared memory

From: "Sergio Medeiros Santi" <trabin(at)trabin(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2765: BUG #2419: could not reattach to shared memory
Date: 2006-11-17 20:05:39
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2765
Logged by: Sergio Medeiros Santi
Email address: trabin(at)trabin(dot)com(dot)br
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.X
Operating system: Windows 2000 Server
Details:

I have this problem since 3 weeks ago. In my case when the server startup PG
starts but don't accepts any connections. If I stop and start de PG the
problem stops e I work nomally until shutdown the server. The environment is
the folowing:

W2K, PG 8.1.2, Avast antivirus.

I try upgrade to PG 8.1.4 using the upgrade.bat. When the upgrade process
finished and after the restart the problem occurs.
I try backup my database and uninstall PG 8.1.2 and delete PG tree, then I
install PG 8.1.4 and restore the backuped database. Well ... after the
restart the problem occurs too.

Can you help me with any suggestion?

Thanks in advance,

Sergio Medeiros Santi