Re: SPF Record ...

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-core(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SPF Record ...
Date: 2006-11-17 14:55:49
Lists: pgsql-www

Am Freitag, 17. November 2006 15:09 schrieb Marc G. Fournier:
> If the only way I can read @hotmail.com email is to login to hotmail.com's
> web interface, then for what legitimate reason would I setup my desktop
> mail reader to pretend I'm @hotmail.com?

The fact that you are sending email from, say, your desktop with an envelope
sender address of <something(at)hotmail(dot)com> doesn't mean that "you are
@hotmail.com". It means that replies should go to that address. There is
nothing wrong with that construction. (Of course, the real-life use might be
limited, but with postgresql.org or for that matter mostly everyone besides
hotmail.com, there certainly are varied ways to read email, so that argument
is moot for our purposes anyway.)

--
Peter Eisentraut