Re: On what we want to support: travel?

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: On what we want to support: travel?
Date: 2006-10-31 21:41:43
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 11:41:48AM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> it's a good example, because a TPC membership does us no good if nobody
> attends the TPC meetings ... which gets us into paying for travel again.

I won't speak for Peter, but explaining to my bosses why giving money
for sending some backend developer to a TPC meeting is a good idea
would take me about 10 minutes. Explaining why giving money to
someone to go and talk about PostgreSQL as a marketing exercise is,
for me, going to take rather longer, and likely with fewer results.

Windows is a platform without soap, where rats run around
in open sewers.
--Daniel Eran