Re: Replicating changes

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Replicating changes
Date: 2006-10-29 15:06:39
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 03:59:02PM +0200, Alban Hertroys wrote:
> 2.) Use one of the existing replication systems. We're currently under
> the impression that (we've looked at Slony-I particularly) the slave
> system is supposed to be another (postgresql?) database. This wouldn't
> fit our needs, but maybe we're overlooking something?

Slony doesn't do this now, but it always seemed to me that it ought
to be possible to do something like this, especially with the
log-shipping components in Slony. If you wanted to develop an
interface to another system in collaboration with the Slony
developers, I'm sure people would welcome it.

If they don't do anything, we don't need their acronym.
--Josh Hamilton, on the US FEMA