Re: On what we want to support: travel?

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: Michael Dean <michael(dot)dean(at)speakeasy(dot)net>
Cc: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
Subject: Re: On what we want to support: travel?
Date: 2006-10-29 14:38:18
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 06:31:02PM -0700, Michael Dean wrote:
> However, lacking a concrete organization where lines of authority are
> clearly understood and established, this is easier said than done!

Presumably, we don't have that problem here. A proposal could come
to the funds group liason, and the laison would decide whether to
fund it or not. I'd expect an arrangement of percentages of agreed
funding for milestones reached.

> In addition, all "advocacy" operations are rather statically
> established and contain significant assumptions related to efficacy
> that I certainly question, but obviously no one in the "core" group
> does.

I have no idea what that sentence means. Care to explain it?

The whole tendency of modern prose is away from concreteness.
--George Orwell