PostgreSQL 8.2 Beta 2 Ready for Testing!

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Announce <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL 8.2 Beta 2 Ready for Testing!
Date: 2006-10-26 20:24:17
Lists: pgsql-announce

Community Members,

Thanks to all the testing, feedback and bug reports you've put into the
first beta of version 8.2, we now have a second beta out. Please
download and re-test to make sure that the issues you raised are fixed.

Beta testing information is here:
http://www.postgresql.org/developer/beta

As always, we rely on our community to help us test all of the "corner
cases" of combinations of little-used functionality to make sure that
version 8.2 continues our tradition of very low bug counts and
unparalleled high security. So please test porting your real-world
applications to 8.2, we need your help!

Binaries for Windows are already available; binary beta packages for Red
Hat and Solaris should be available soon.

--
--Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Project Core Team