Re: [GENERAL] Call for Donations

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Call for Donations
Date: 2006-10-25 16:10:06
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

Josh,

> Also I believe SPI can also take international check but it takes quite
> a hit on transaction fees. I would have to check with Berkus though.

Not with our existing bank. I'm planning on changing banks anyway, but as the
*last* step in the current accounting/treasurer overhaul.

> > AFAICT, the payment options for the France and Germany groups are also
> > open internationally. Of course random guests from around the world
> > will be less likely to even read their web sites that far ... ;-)
>
> True :).

I think it would be a better idea to represent them as co-equals anyway.
Especially when we link JPUG; given that they are the largest PostgreSQL NPO
(membership, revenue) it would be very strange to represent them as an
"alternative" to SPI.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun