Re: conversion of numeric field from MSSQL to postgres

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: conversion of numeric field from MSSQL to postgres
Date: 2006-10-23 17:16:49
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 09:01:15PM -0700, Richard Broersma Jr wrote:
> actually I am get duplicate emails like this one across the various PG lists. Perhaps someone
> else is resending these email?

More likely, this happened:

1. person sent mail to list, got bounced because not subscribed.
2. person subscribed
3. person sent mail
4. anti-dup filter didn't catch the dup mail
5. second mail goes through
6. moderator approves original mail
7. mail shows up again.

The fact that technology doesn't work is no bar to success in the marketplace.
--Philip Greenspun