Re: Improve ODBC Throughput ?

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Arnaud Lesauvage <thewild(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
Cc: greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Improve ODBC Throughput ?
Date: 2006-10-20 07:54:57
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> >2.Declare Fetch
> >In Access, you do not have this fine control. Some psqlODBC user have
> >experimented with the DECLARE/FETCH option in the psqlODBC settngs.I am not
> >entirely sure how Declare/Fetch works though, I have never used it.
>
> My tables are linked with these options :
> UseDeclareFetch=1
> UseServerSidePrepare=1
> Fetch=10000

UseDeclareFetch and UseServerSidePrepare are disjoint options.
If I remember it the right way the UseServerSidePrepare disallow
UseDeclareFetch. Please try UseServerSidePrepare=0 when you want
using DeclareFetch.

Why you set Fetch so high? How many rows do you expect?
The UseDeclareFetch declare the select statement as cursor (using
declare statement) and then get the rows using fetch statement
(see postgresql manual).
I see no usage for UseDeclareFetch with so high Fetch.

The UseServerSidePrepare use prepare and execute statement (also
see postgresql manual).

Regards,

Luf