Looping through Arrays

From: adam lawrence <name_adam(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Looping through Arrays
Date: 2006-10-10 07:55:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

I want to be able to loop through an array. The code I have used in the past is:

FOR i IN array_lower(arrayvar,1) .. array_upper(arrayvar,1) LOOP
currentvalue:=arrayvar[1][i];
RAISE NOTICE '%', currentvalue;
END LOOP;

But now I need to loop through the whole array, not just the one element. I want to do something like:

FOR j in ....LOOP
FOR i IN array_lower(arrayvar,1) .. array_upper(arrayvar,1) LOOP
currentvalue:=arrayvar[j][i];
RAISE NOTICE '%', currentvalue;
END LOOP;
END LOOP;

How to I set the upper and lower bounds for j?

Yahoo! Messenger - with free PC-PC calling and photo sharing.