Re: pg_config not found

From: Saranya Sivakumar <sarlavk(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsqlnovice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_config not found
Date: 2006-10-09 21:24:18
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Tom,

Thanks a lot for the information. I was trying to install just that devel RPM without the other RPMs. I figured that I would have to install postgresql-8.1.3-1PGDG.i686.rpm before installing the devel.
I could successfully install psqlodbc after that. Thanks again for the help.

Sincerely,
Saranya

Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote: Saranya Sivakumar writes:
> I tried to install the devel rpm from
> http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp?file=binary%2Fv8.1.3%2Flinux%2Frpms%2Ffedora%2Ffedora-core-5%2Fpostgresql-devel-8.1.3-1PGDG.i686.rpm,
> but got the following error
> error: Failed dependencies:
> postgresql = 8.1.3 is needed by postgresql-devel-8.1.3-1PGDG.i686

Well, where did you get your other Postgres RPMs from? You need a
matching set (all the same version). My guess is that you are using
the Fedora RPMs, in which case "yum install" is the way to fetch another
RPM.

regards, tom lane