Re: The improvement for psql of 8.2beta1 not

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Yourfriend <doudou586(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The improvement for psql of 8.2beta1 not
Date: 2006-10-08 18:03:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Yourfriend wrote:
> According to the release notes of 8.2, the following item should have been
> implemented,
>
> E.1.3.11. psql<http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/app-psql.html>Changes
>
> -
>
> Save multi-line statements as a single entry, rather than one line at
> a time (Sergey E. Koposov)
>
> This makes up-arrow recall of queries easier.
>

> The test shows that it's OK under Linux (Slackware), but malfunctioned on
> Windows XP.

Good point. We don't use readline on Win32, but rather the native
command-line control, over which we have little control. Update release
item text is:

<listitem>
<para>
Save multi-line statements as a single entry, rather than
one line at a time (Sergey E. Koposov)
</para>

<para>
This makes up-arrow recall of queries easier. (This is
not availble on Win32 because it typically uses the native
command-line editing present in the operating system.)
</para>
</listitem>

--
Bruce Momjian bruce(at)momjian(dot)us