Re: postgresql /var fill

From: km <km(at)mrna(dot)tn(dot)nic(dot)in>
To: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>
Subject: Re: postgresql /var fill
Date: 2006-10-06 14:24:57
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 03:57:47PM +0200, Csaba Nagy wrote:
> > /var resides on /dev/sda, and /data in /dev/sdb
>
> I bet you're running a default installation of postgres which has it's
> data in /var.
> Check your real data directory by running 'ps auxww|grep post', and see
> what's after the '-D' parameter... and then when you figure out that the
> startup script is using the system default and not what you've
> initdb-ed, fix your start script ;-)

nope! i have purposefully deselected postgres 7.4 installation at OS install.
then downloaded postgresql sources of 8.1.4 and installed it in /usr/local/pgsql with data dir as /data/pgdata. later , i have set PGDATA to /data/pgdata in startup script from contrib/scripts of sources and placed it in /etc/init.d
to be sure, i re-checked with rpm -qa|postgres too which didnt give me any package listing.

ps auxww |grep postgresql gives /data/pgdata as the data dir.

whats happening ?

regards,
KM