Re: On future conferences

From: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: On future conferences
Date: 2006-09-29 17:27:47
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Friday 29 September 2006 12:18, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > I think that if training courses for persons at beginning and advanced
> > levels were offered, this would be a decent profit center.

You do have a point: if we made for a more inclusive (sic popularized) event,
a sponsor could offer a training course where all proceeds would go to the
conference itself. A one day training could be broken into two half days thus
permitting the person to see at least a bit of what else is going on. The
training fee could either be the admission fee itself or a small additional
charge added to the basic fee. It would make for good publicity.

robert