performance/replication expert wanted locally

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: performance/replication expert wanted locally
Date: 2006-09-26 19:35:46
Lists: sfpug

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

Subject: DB expertise
Date: Tuesday 26 September 2006 12:30
From: "Joseph Jacob" <joseph(at)zedo(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com

Josh,

Thank you for your time on the phone today. We also met briefly at
LinuxWorld. We would like a DB expert who can work with us for next two
months, possibly leading to a full time position. We would like this
person to be good at:

[1] Performance tuning
[2] Replication
[3] Database designing for performance
[4] PERL knowledge would be a plus.

We are a San Francisco based company, have been in business for 7 years
and have used Postgres for the last 3 years. Our databases handle mostly
batch updates from Perl programs and some updates based on user input. I
would appreciate it if you could forward to this just your friends or
colleagues who you know are good. We have not had a lot of luck with
posts to newsgroups and so I would I appreciate it if you could recommend
some one.

-Joseph.

VP Engineering
ZEDO Inc.