Re: Release Notes: Major Changes in 8.2

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Release Notes: Major Changes in 8.2
Date: 2006-09-21 20:05:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 11:24:53AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Bruce,
> >
> > What happened to PL/pgSQL debugging? Did it die?
>
> The debuggers is going to be on pgfoundry, if it isn't there already.
> The idea is that it would be loadable for 8.2, work out all the bugs,
> and perhaps included in 8.3.

But didn't we end up putting some hooks in the backend to make this
possible?

Regardless, I think we should include a section of major new
projects/developments from pgFoundry, because they ultimately make
PostgreSQL a more useful database. Maybe this list should only be in the
PR (and not the release notes)...
--
Jim Nasby jim(at)nasby(dot)net