Tablespaces for temporary objects

From: Albert Cervera Areny <albertca(at)hotpop(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Tablespaces for temporary objects
Date: 2006-09-18 23:10:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,
I've decided to start hacking on PostgreSQL, and I've looked at the
easier jobs in the TODO list. I'm interested in implementing:

% Add a GUC variable to control the tablespace for temporary objects and sort
files. It could start with a random tablespace from a supplied list and cycle
through the list.

I wanted to know if there are any comments on how I should implement
this. I've already started and temporary tables already honour
the 'temp_tablespaces' GUC variable I created. However, I'm not very happy
with the name, and probably someone will have other comments on this.

Thanks.