Re: 8.2 beta blockers

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jimn(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: 8.2 beta blockers
Date: 2006-09-18 20:44:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom, Merlin,

> > As far as the PR material goes, something like "advisory locks
> > incorporated into core" would be OK, but don't make it sound like
> > there was nothing there before ...
>
> ok, thats a good compromise.

Yes, although if I'm doing this for PR, I need to use language which is
standard in the industry or I won't be understood. What about
"high-concurrency pessimistic locking mechanism"?

I don't have a problem covering this in PR even though it's not really "new":
a) it's never been in our PR before;
b) while it's been available for 4+ versions, who knew about it?
c) we have a new refactored code and cleaned up API

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun