BUG #2632: createuser language poblem

From: "Massimo Fidanza" <max(at)massimofidanza(dot)it>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2632: createuser language poblem
Date: 2006-09-17 23:56:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2632
Logged by: Massimo Fidanza
Email address: max(at)massimofidanza(dot)it
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.4
Operating system: Ubuntu 6.04
Details:

Hi, I discover a very annoying bug in the create user command. I have the
environment variable LANG=it_IT.UTF-8 and when I try to crate a new user wit
the create user command, at he prompt I have the three questions
Shall the new role be a superuser? (y/n)
Shall the new role be allowed to create databases? (y/n)
Shall the new role be allowed to create more new roles? (y/n)
So I ask y only to the second, but when I try to create a new database with
the new just created user it claims that I don't have permissions. So I drop
the user and recreated it several times. After a lot of tentative I discover
the arcane I must ask s=s the italian affermative answer during
createuser, but the question is in english. This is a very stupid bug. I
think the right is to accept the italian and the english answer as oher
commands do like apt. Translate the question to is not a bad idea.