Re: SPI URL

From: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
Subject: Re: SPI URL
Date: 2006-09-17 00:57:52
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 12:35:16PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Elein,
>
> > What is the exact URL to get right down to submitting
> > earmarked money? By following the links from the postgresql
> > web site several steps and flailings, I eventually find:
> > https://128bit.clickandpledge.com/default.aspx?ID=12235&cid=US&a=
> > Is there a more user URL? Perhaps something more firefox
> > friendly in its visual representation of the link to the
> > final donation page? That may be too much to ask right now
> > but it is worth a shot.
>
> I'm unclear on what's not "firefox-friendly" about the page, or hard to find
> for that matter.
>

> > But in the meanwhile what is the best thing to do? Just
> > let people meander from the postgresql.org main page for
> > donations?
>
> Again, I don't know why you're saying "meander". This page is very direct:
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

From the donate page I clicked SPI and had to meander to find the donation
page. I guess I should have gone directly to the click'n'pledge page.
Let us make that more prominent with a byb or something.

The SPI pages were not all foxfire friendly but with the recent changes it
looks a lot better. They just have the same problem making the
click'n'pledge page very visible (it is not). The click'n'pledge page
itself seems to be fine.

In general, if you've got someone willing, get them to check out as quickly
as possible. And make the donate link a button and very visible.

> What are you finding confusing about it?
>
> That is the page to point people to, though, since we will update it to
> support other NPOs in the future. You don't want to send them directly to a
> credit card page because we could change processors or NPOs in the future.
>
> --
> Josh Berkus
> PostgreSQL @ Sun
> San Francisco