Re: Status of funds.postgresql.org?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Status of funds.postgresql.org?
Date: 2006-09-16 18:48:24
Lists: pgsql-www

Magnus,

> > 2) An easy-to-edit content section (WYSWYG CMS or Wiki),
>
> This we can already do.

Techdocs? That's still too buggy to actually use. If you ever finish it,
then we can discuss that as an alternative.

> > including pages available only to authenticated users.
>
> This we cannot currently do, but it would probably be fairly easy to do
> it.

Our concern here is that dynamic functionality in the main site takes years to
complete due to lack of resources -- techdocs, for example. We don't want a
system two years from now, we want one tommorrow. And we don't write
brand-new code for www when we already have code on another system that works
right now.

> Right. So the "intranet" part of things. Wasn't aware of that
> requirement. Sorta like the developers wiki, but for fundraising group.
> Got it.

Intra and extra. We'd also use it for fundraising campaigns, like
"Contribute to SPI so that we can have a booth at FOSS.in!" or "Contribute
to SPI so that we can fund recursive queries!". Also for doing things like
listing our voting members, explaining how SPI money is managed, etc.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun