Re: Release notes

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Release notes
Date: 2006-09-15 21:38:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have completed my first pass over the release notes and Tom has made
> some additions:
>
> http://momjian.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/pgrelease
>
> I will probably go over them again in a few hours, update them to
> current CVS, then move them into our SGML documentation by Monday.

Oh, another typo:

This changes the previous behavior where concatenation would adjust the
lower array dimmensions.

It's "dimensions", single m.

Further below, it says:

For example, '2006-05-24 21:11 Americas/New_York'::timestamptz.

However, the example is invalid. The correct example should be

For example, '2006-05-24 21:11 America/New_York'::timestamptz.

Note these two entries:

Add index information to /contrib/pgstattuple (ITAGAKI Takahiro)

Add functions to /contrib/pgstattuple that show index statistics and
index page contents (Satoshi Nagayasu)

They should probably be merged into one.