Re: New version of money type

From: "D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>
To: andrew(at)supernews(dot)com
Cc: andrew+nonews(at)supernews(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New version of money type
Date: 2006-09-15 14:58:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 10:17:55 -0000
Andrew - Supernews <andrew+nonews(at)supernews(dot)com> wrote:
> Presumably the same speed as bigint, which is to say that while it is
> faster than numeric for calculation, it is (much) slower for input/output.
> (The difference in speed between bigint output and numeric output is
> measured in multiples, not in percentages.)

I/O for money seems at least as compareable to numeric if not slightly
better. Other than that it has all the speed advantages as bigint for
basically the same reasons. It's basically bigint with modified input
and output functions.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(at)druid(dot)net> | Democracy is three wolves