Load "myLib.so" error cannot load obj file...

From: didier tanti <tantididier(at)yahoo(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Load "myLib.so" error cannot load obj file...
Date: 2006-09-13 13:46:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,
i am desesperate to get this resolved, you are my only hope
here is the issue:

i am compiling a .so using:

gcc -shared libxx.so -lpcre,

then in my DB, i am trying:

LOAD '/myPath/libxx.so',

it keeps returning me :

ERROR: could not load library "/myPath/libxx.so": libpcre.so : cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

the problem is that the libpcre.so does exist and is in my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH,

I really dont understand anything, i even dont know where to look at

at least could u give me some idea how to debug that ? i am thinking to reinstall the postgres ... i need to say that the postgres dameon is started at startup,

Découvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet ! Yahoo! Questions/Réponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos expériences. Cliquez ici.