Re: cursors on prepared queries

From: Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo(at)ttnet(dot)net(dot)tr>
To: Andro <andromede(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Jeroen T(dot) Vermeulen" <jtv(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cursors on prepared queries
Date: 2006-09-12 18:12:48
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Sep 12 02:34, Andro wrote:
> I just found this interesting link
> http://lists.initd.org/pipermail/psycopg/2005-October/003999.html
> about psycopg python interface which looks like able to make the use of
> prepared statements within cursors.
>
> That means the protocol handles it but not libpq, right?

No. Cursor understanding of Python DB adapters are quite different from
the cursor - we create with DECLARE - in an RDBMS. psycopg just tries to
imitate the cursor behaviour we're familiar with. OTOH, psycopg2 uses
libpq too. It's quite unfeasible to think a feature psycopg supports that
libpq does not.

Regards.