Re: no more problems with mailing list addresses

From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: barbara figueirido <barbara(at)bariloche(dot)com(dot)ar>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2006-09-09 15:18:32
Lists: pgsql-novice

only thing is, I have to manually remove then the personal
> addresses of any participantes in the thread to prevent them from
> receiveing duplicate messages... is there any other way? -- well, this
> is actually OT, isn't it?

Actually, there was a thread on the General List where someone brought up the same issue. The
respondants discussed why it is configured this way. IIRC, the personal address is included to
allow quick reply to individuals as the mail from the list can have significant delays. But it
was up to the "REPLIER" to decide whether on not to delete the personal address and keep the list
address.

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.