Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: sslinfo contrib module - information about current SSL

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Victor Wagner <vitus(at)cryptocom(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: sslinfo contrib module - information about current SSL
Date: 2006-09-05 18:57:04
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Yes, it can be removed. I just wasn't aware that copyright transfer
> > is neccessary. Most open-source projects don't have such a
> > requirement, and individual portions of code are copyrighted by
> > their respecitve authors.

This isn't a "copyright transfer", but if you just write "(C) me"
without anything else then you haven't given any license for anyone
else to use it. If we put a uniform copyright statement everywhere,
then this gives reasonable assurance (as in: we got away with it so
far) to everyone about the nature of the license and such. Your name
is still on record, so you are still the copyright holder under law.

--
Peter Eisentraut