Re: Encoding problem

From: Pantelis Natsiavas <pantelykos(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Encoding problem
Date: 2006-08-31 16:19:04
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Thank you Markus. It is unbelievable! I 've lost two days breaking my head over encodings, and the solution was the double quotes!

Thank you all for bothering,
Pantelis

Markus Schaber <schabi(at)logix-tt(dot)com> wrote: Hi, Pantelis,

Pantelis Natsiavas wrote:

> The problem is, that I cannot make a SELECT query through the pgadmin
> tool or the JDBC, using the same greek characters!

Have you tried quoting the table names in double quotes? Like in:

SELECT * FROM "myGreekTable";

Quoted identifiers are a source of trouble in SQL databases...

HTH,
Markus

Dipl. Inf. | Software Development GIS

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.