Re: german speed benchmarks

From: "Stefan 'Kaishakunin' Schumacher" <stefan(at)net-tex(dot)de>
To: mdean <mdean(at)xn1(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: german speed benchmarks
Date: 2006-08-29 06:01:40
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Also sprach mdean (mdean(at)xn1(dot)com)
> Google Alert for: *mysql* *MySQL* wins database speed contest
> <http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2006/08/mysql_wins_data.html>
> InfoWorld - San Francisco,CA,USA
> The results are in, and *MySQL* came out on top. *...* From the
> announcement: "The DVD shop created by *MySQL* is the hands-down winner
> of the performance crown. *...*

There was at least one PG-Team lead by Alvar Freude, I guess he can
give more details.

However, that article gives no background about the contest and the
benchmark and how the results cam off, so it's more or less useless.

I didn't buy the c't issue where the final results where posted,
unfortunately I can't find them online.

--
PGP FPR: CF74 D5F2 4871 3E5C FFFE 0130 11F4 C41E B3FB AE33