Re: [HACKERS] Interval aggregate regression failure (expected

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)seespotcode(dot)net>, Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>, Michael Paesold <mpaesold(at)gmx(dot)at>, PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Interval aggregate regression failure (expected
Date: 2006-08-26 02:40:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

I used your ideas to make a patch to fix your example:

test=> select '41 months'::interval / 10;
?column?
---------------
4 mons 3 days
(1 row)

and

test=> select '41 months'::interval * 0.3;
?column?
1 year 9 days
(1 row)

The trick was not to play with the division, but to check if the number
of seconds cascaded into full days and/or months.

--
Bruce Momjian bruce(at)momjian(dot)us

Attachment Content-Type Size
/pgpatches/interval text/x-diff 1.6 KB