Re: 7.4 - data recovery

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Bartosz Belter" <bartosz(dot)belter(at)man(dot)poznan(dot)pl>
Subject: Re: 7.4 - data recovery
Date: 2006-08-25 18:31:00
Lists: pgsql-admin

Bartosz Belter wrote:
> 3. I've recovered some files and it looks to me they're from
> $PGDATA/base/data/xxx (it looks this is the complete folder)
> 4. No other files! (no pg_clog, pg_xlog etc)

If you don't have a clog, then all your transactions will appear
as "didn't happen yet", so your table data appears to be in the future.
You can just commit dummy transactions until it appears again. This is
obvious not an official and approved way, but it's at least a shot
before you're forced to get out your hex editor.

--
Peter Eisentraut