double precision vs. numeric

From: Aarni Ruuhimäki <aarni(at)kymi(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: double precision vs. numeric
Date: 2006-08-24 16:36:50
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right list to ask ...

I vaguely remember having seen a message

' ... type double precision ... will be depreciated / unsupported in future
releases ... '

or something like that somewhere. (?)

I have quite a few older dbs with tables that have one or more fields type
double precision and have so far upgraded ok since 7.0.x (I now use numeric
with appropriate precision and scale.)

Is there something to worry about when upgrading next time ? Start changing
these to numeric perhaps ?

Running 8.0.2 at the moment.

Best regards to all,

Aarni