BUG #2587: Connection problem

From: "Sunil Kumar Basu" <sunil_basu(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2587: Connection problem
Date: 2006-08-22 08:20:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2587
Logged by: Sunil Kumar Basu
Email address: sunil_basu(at)yahoo(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.0
Operating system: Windows XP
Details:

Hi,

I am installed PostgreSQL 8.0 database server on PC1. And is accessing the
database from a Delphi application running on PC2. I am using the TCP/IP
connection protocol for connecting to the database via the network. I have
edited the pg_hba.conf file and postgresql.conf file after reading the
documentation.

But I am unable to connect. If I am running the Delphi application on PC1
and use the host name as localhost, then I am getting connected. But in the
same machine if I use the IP address of PC1, then I get the same connection
error-

PostgreSQL Error code(1)
Could not connect to the server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
Is the server running on host "192.168.5.45" and accepting TCP/IP
connections on port 5432?

Can you please help me out?