BUG #2586: Connecting problem

From: "Sunil Kumar Basu" <sunil_basu(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2586: Connecting problem
Date: 2006-08-21 13:26:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2586
Logged by: Sunil Kumar Basu
Email address: sunil_basu(at)yahoo(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.0
Operating system: Windows XP
Details:

Hi,
I am getting connected to the PostgreSQL database installed in PC1 from a
PC2 from a Delphi application using the PSQLDatabase component(PostgresDAC
components). I have furnished the following information-
Databasename
Hostname as the IP of PC1
username
Password

I am getting an EAccessviolation exception occuring with message - "Access
violation at address 77C460CB in mudule msvrct.dll. Read of address
00000000".
And then I get a blank popup with a cross marked in red.
I have also edited the pg_hba configuration file as under-
host all all 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 trust.
host all all 192.168.5.45 md5

And then the postgresql configuration file as-
# - Connection Settings -

#listen_addresses = '*' # what IP interface(s) to listen on;
# defaults to localhost, '*' = any
port = 5432
max_connections = 100

Can you help me out?